Delectable Curses (Chapter-7)

'Oh my God! I can't believe he actually wrote down all we did in his memoirs.'

I am finally moving out and was clearing the place when I stumbled upon these papers. 'Delectable Curses! Man, what was he thinking?' Anyways, since I bargained on for both the good and the bad times, I'll try and continue the legacy he started.

For the readers still scratching their heads, Hi! I am the girl you all have been reading about. I think it's been about seven odd years since the events of the sixth chapter took place so let me just bring you all up to pace a bit.

A couple of months after he brought me into the loop, we got married in a small but sweet ceremony in the local church. I guess he really meant it when he said that he loved me too much to keep me tied to him and that thought kept pricking him in the back of his mind. Other than that, we lived and loved much like any other couple in love. He was so nice in a carefree and yet caring kinda way. I dare say, those were the days when we really lived our lives out.

Of course, modern medical analysis soon caught up to us and his condition started to deteriorate. Initially I tried to fight it and make a stand, but he was content to just let go. "I've had a shot at life and by God, was it a good one!", he used to say. It was a quiet service with just the family in attendance as he didn't want us to create a lot of fuss about it. It was probably the hardest part of my life. I realized that everything loses meaning in such times and all one wants to do is to fade away. Life as it is gets all blurred and mixed up, as if being viewed through smoked glass. As someone once remarked, "death has a curious way of shuffling one's priorities."

Why do people always get so philosophical I will never understand, but I do understand, and will remember what he has taught me. I will take the life Lord has given me and try and make the most out of it. So I have quit my job and am going down under. There I will make a new beginning, not for me but for him, for he used to say, "Never too late to start over again!"

No comments: