Friends, gestures, seas, shores and boats

Okay people,
Am back for good. Got a net connection at my residence (finally)! ....

Sooo, am catching up with the backlog of stuff I had written but not posted...and talking of firsts, let me introduce you to the kavi(poet in hindi) in me...(with sincerest apologies to non-hindi readers) I present a series of shers (i guess I can call them that)...

But first a disclaimer. I accept that the first one is not an original and I got it as an SMS from a friend. And if you get a bit confused, read it as a conversation between two people arguing for their side of an argument, alternatively speaking a paragraph each...



यूँ हर बात यारों से पूछो,
जो बात राज़ की हो इशारों से पूछो,
लहरों से खेलना तो समंदर का खेल है,
लगती है चोट कैसे किनारों से पुछो

लब जो इशारों की जुबां समझना चाहें,
कहीं गुस्ताखी कर बैठें,
हम जो किनारों का मरहम बनना चाहें,
कहीं कश्ती को ख़फा कर बैठें

इशारों की फितरत में ही है राज़ का ऐलान,
खेल के असली लुत्फ़ की तो करो पहचान,
लहरों के बिन उस कश्ती का सोचो क्या,
जिसे किनारे लगाने में ही है समंदर की आन

यारों के दरमियाँ राज़ की कोई बात कैसी,
इशारों की महफिल में एहतियात की आवाज़ कैसी,
समंदर की हर बूँद का एक ही तो नाम है,
फिर सैलाब के बाद यह मुज़रिम की तलाश कैसी

वक्त के तराज़ू में इशारों की अहमियत तोल पाओगे,
यारी के लिए इससे अच्छा ज़रिया ढूँढ पाओगे,
समंदर और किनारे में लाख नुक्स निकाल लो,
पर कभी दोनों को जुदा कर पाओगे

Hey, lemme know how you find them!

Ciao

No comments: